Monday, July 6, 2009

Trent's Number...196

Scott and I went to see Trent at the Youth Center. We always look forward seeing him, even if it's only for 30 minutes. Please allow me to explain why we get 30 minutes of visitation. There are 4 phases in the SAIT program. Right now Trent is in Phase 4 which is the starting phase and he gets very little privileges such as 10 minute phone call once a week and 30 minutes parental visitation until he works his way out of phase 4 (doing assignments, earning points, following the rules, etc...). In the next phase, he'll get 1 hour visitation, 30 minute phone call and 3 day home pass and few other things. If Trent continues to work hard and improve each week, he should graduate from the program in January.

Back to the visitation, Trent was excited about his weekend. He told us that he played softball and outdoor activities for 4 hours. His comrades in the program were surprised to see a "lil white kid can hit the ball!!!" He said that he was surprised to still have his touch in softball. He said that he hit the fence!!!! Then they ate 4th of July food!! He said that he was bloooooped! ;) Then they watched Madea Goes to Jail. Trent said that he had a BLAAAAST!

One thing that Trent was proud of...and that Scott/I were so touched how Trent kept up with his numbers. He repeately said "196, 196, 196..." Scott asked him what did he mean by 196. Trent responded, "196 days of soberiety. I have been sober for 196 days!" That touched our hearts. I can see Scott getting all tearied up. The big man shedding tears really touched me. I can see how much he loves Trent. He means the world to both of us. I love my son and I wish the world for him. You know I cry easily and seeing Scott's "softer" side and Trent's seriousness about staying sober really got me. I know that he has a long ways to go, but I can also see how far he has come along. God is working in his life and Trent realizes that God is at work.

Then, Trent showed us his homework that he has to do for SAIT program. I was impressed with his honesty. Scott and I looked over his notebook and the things that he has to do to get to the next phase. Each phase takes about 4 to 6 weeks to complete and if Trent doesn't do his part, there will be a set back. So if he continues to work hard, it should take about 6 months to complete it. Please pray that God will enlighten him to see things and give him the best of his ability to do his assignments. Please God give Trent your strength and wisdom to see things in Your way. Amen.

4 comments:

  1. Wow way to go Trent! that's awesome. So glad to hear he is doing better. keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie & Scott,

    I wish you guys the best and I am glad that Trent is doing Well. May God show him the Grace that he showed me is such a powerful feeling. My heart goes to you guys.. Love you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see how much you love Trent and I am proud of how all of you are handling this tough situation. You are an example to a lot of people! Your family will always be heroes to us.. We really miss yall!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah God and Trent! What a team to work on this together. God is SO good and I'm very proud of Trent. Lots of love to all of you.
    - Courtney

    ReplyDelete