Sunday, July 12, 2009

EP to Lubbock to Amarillo to my computer....

Hello everyone!!! This is Scott and I grounded my wife from using the computer! heh...no, not really...if I did that...you know that I'll be in the dog house sharing bed with Mikki. :)

I went to El Paso to coach at a wrestling camp. It was held at El Dorado High School and wrestlers from El Dorado, Hanks, Franklin, El Paso High,and Americanas participated in the 3-day wrestling camp. I LOVE IT!!!! Coach Freddie Flores, the head coach at El Dorado, and I had this camp for 3 years. Each year, wrestlers have made huges improvement. Working at this camp is hard work...my thighs get real sore. Believe me...it was so bad that I was tempted to fill up the bathtub with ice and soak in it. Nah, the thought of freezing my legs off wasn't very appealing so I chickened out. So what did I do about it? Just bit my lip and worked hard. Gotta practice what I preach...No Pain-NO Glory! I still can feel the wunnerful pain.

I flew on Southwest to Lubbock where my wife and daughters picked me up. My heart melted when I saw them! I love the feeling of being a dad after seeing my daughters ran up to me, yelling "DADDY, DADDY!" How do I know? I saw them with my own eyes...I can read lips and seeing that Daddy, Daddy just melts my heart. I hugged both of them and said I love you. Then I saw my beautiful wife, I knew that I was in the right place. Yes, the old saying "absence makes love grow fonder" rings true. Last night, I went over to Coach Flores house to watch UFC 100 and I showed his wife some pictures of Angie in my sidekick and she said, "Your wife is pretty,"

And I responded, "Yes, I know." It just blurted out but that's how I feel about my wife. Man, she's still fine!!! After all these years, I still think she's fine!!!!!

I couldn't wait to get to Amarillo and see Trent. I drove to Neenee and Pawpaw's house to drop off the girls. I went in to say Hi to my parents and visited with them for a little bit because I wanted to get on the road to see Trent. We were gonna meet up again at Home Plate Diners after I visited Trent.

Angie and I were the first ones in line. We wanted to get a private room so we can visit outloud. There are other people around and getting a room reduces all the distraction and we can have our moments together. Trent brought a book and shared it with us. It's a daily devotional book. Trent talked about humility and how he needed to learn to apply it in his life. He said that humility is a hard subject to tackle because drug addicts and alcoholics are self-centered people. He said that he remembered how he didn't care about anyone but himself. "Dad, you don't know what went on in my world. It was always about me! ME ME ME!!! I didn't care if I hurt you or mom or anyone as long as I got my drugs."

"Oh Dad, Mom...I have to relearn about life all over again. I hated that feeling and now I'm learning about humility...and I dont' want to hurt anyone again."

Deep stuff from my own son. God is teaching him...here's another deep stuff from Trent. "Dad, you know that when I was outside in the free world, I was in prison...locked up in my own mind, being addicted to drugs/alcohol. But here at the Youth Center, I am free even though I am not out in the free world. I am free of drugs and alcohol." It's amazing.

And then Trent went on to talk about his experience on top of a telephone pole. One of his assigments was to get on top of 30 foot telephone pole and jump off to a trapazee. Even though he was strapped with harness, he said that he was SCARED!!!!!! When he was standing on top of it...the wind blew and he almost fell.

One of his counselors said, "God is telling you to hurry up and jump!"

Trent jumped and caught the bar! Whew! What an experience.

30 minutes went by fast and we had to leave. We hated the fact that we only get to see our son for 30 minutes a week. When Trent gets promote to phase 2 and 3, we'll get an hour of visit and a 30 minute phone call.

Angie and I went to Home Plate Diners to celebrate Brad's birthday. He's Teffny's husband. She's my sister's daughter. She's my parent's granddaughter. She's my son's and daughter's cousin. And finally, she's my niece. LOL!!!

Anyways, there were two bowls in front of Teffny...one was mayonaise and the other was mash potatos. She fed her daughter, Landree - 4 month old baby, mash potatos and somehow she scooped up some mayonaise...thinking it was mash potatos, and fed Landree...eeeewww!! But Landree didn't mind. She a wonderful girl!

Grace to you and peace from God.

~Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment