Monday, September 7, 2009

Scott's Big Game

Scott is starting his career as a football at Bushland High School. We've been married for 20 years and been through basketball state tournament 6 consecutive years and baseball 4 times. In both Basketball and Baseball, he was named Texas Coach of the Year. And then, in wrestling...he has won 13 State Wrestling Titles with 6 consecutive UIL State Champions. Scott has been named Texas Wrestling Coach of the Year 6 times and has been inducted to both State and National Wrestling Hall of Fame.

I know, I know, I know...I still feel "awe" of my husband. I am extremely proud of him. I am proud to be "Coach Tank's wife" and I love the feeling that goes with it. He is my life and he is my everything.

One thing I admire Scott is his determination to set and achieve new goals. He wanted to be a football coach and prayed about it. God has answered his prayers and send him to west to Bushland. He loves his job and the people he works with. He has one regret...he waited too long to become a football coach.

What about the coach's wife? Me...Oh, I love Scott's new job!!! Let me tell you why. The people at Bushland has gone the extra mile to learn sign language so they can communicate with me. They made me feel that I belong there. I have made so many friends and so did Tori and Tiara. The coaches' wives are very supportive of each other.

Here's a picture of Scott working in the press box. He studies the opponent's offensive/defensive schemes (whatever that means). He is the offensive Coordinator for both 7th and 8th grade football team and he will call his first game on Sept 10th against Highland Park. Good luck, Coach Tank, on your first start!!!!

~Angie


2 comments:

  1. It is an awesome story .. I am very proud of u and Scott have been together for 20 years . Congratulations.. Wow. Trent is doing great procress to enter stages every time he improved a lot .. I am very impressed of his " boot camp" ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you Angie! sounds like you and scott and the girls are really happy where you are. So glad to hear Trent is doing so good too. Miss you a lot! dont get too busy and quit blogging on me okay. hehe oily!!

    ReplyDelete