Sunday, June 21, 2009

June 2009

Hi!

I'm sorry that it took so long to update! I have been busy with my work, so I haven't had the chance to download pictures. I hate being this far the behind!

Sunday June 7th, We took Tori to Medi Park and her friends threw a surprise farewell party for her because she's moving to Bushland school in the fall. When I got out of van, I reached back to get Tori's attention and Tori didn't see me...Guess What? She closed the van door and slammed my hand hard and what's even more...Scott LOCKED the door!!!! I couldn't yell...I was in shock. Scott looked at me and realized that I was hurting, and tried his best to unlock the door as quick as he could and then Tori, bless her heart, tried her dangest to open the door!!! Scott finally unlocked the door and Tori got the stupid van door open...it hurt like....I guess I shouldn't be putting vulgar language on my blog but that's how I felt.

The next day, Scott took me to the doctor to have my hand xrayed. There weren't any broken bones and the doctor said that I must have torn tendon or a ligament. I got a thumb brace...it's helping me a lot. I have to keep it immobile for at least 6 weeks.

Our niece, Abby, brought her daughter, Emmy, from Mississippi. She stayed with Neenee and Pawpaw. We brought her to the Youth Center to visit Trent and he was SURPRISED to see her. Abby said that Trent looked better than ever. She said that her visitation with Trent was the highlight of her trip.

Neenee, Pawpaw, Scott, Tori, Tiara, Abby, Emmy and I went to the Zoo. We saw the Spider Monkeys and Scott asked me if my "brothers" were in the trees! He thinks he's funny. We walked around and saw the lion up close. Scott said that it was Simba and Nala. He kept calling out..."Simba, Simba...come here!" What makes him do that....he thinks he's a Dr. Doolittle.
Oh, whatever.

Today is FATHER'S DAY. We took Scott to Furrs this morning for breakfast. It was special! Scott loves breakfast more than anything and we ate the place up! Then we went to church, all bloated up!!!! We swore that we'll never eat breakfast again....yeah right! Church went great and it was nice worshipping God on father's day, for He is our Father.

We went over to Neenee and Pawpaw's house for ice cream and brownies....MMMMMM!
The whole family came over and we devoured the brownies and ice cream!! Pawpaw warned me to get some ice cream because everyone was pouring BIG HELPINGS in their bowls. As I was 'trying to scoop' my ice cream with my injured hand (I still had my thumb/wrist brace on), Pawpaw asked me, "Are you trying to be like Michael Jackson?" Very funny!!!!

We went outside to take pictures of all the dads. It's a funny thing to watch older men sucking in their stomachs, hold their breaths...while posing for pictures. I held my camera as long as I could to see how long they can hold it...(heheheh evil laughter).

Oh by the way, We went to visit our son Trent. He was excited to tell us that he is moving next to SAIT (SAY IT) (Substance Abuse Intervention) on Tuesday from IIP (Intensive Intervention Program) He went to IIP for 3 months then will go to SAIT for 6 months. He is looking forward to a new program for him to learn! He said it's very strict. It's good for him! I miss him terribly!! He looked good and even more handsome! SMILE


~Angie

1 comment:

  1. poor angie!! I bet that hurt so bad!!! i love all the pictures. You did a good job with the slideshow.. oily!

    ReplyDelete